The Full Frame Initiative (FFI) is a national nonprofit working to change systems so that people and communities experiencing poverty, violence and trauma have the tools, supports and resources they need to thrive. Founded in 2007, FFI has quickly become an innovative, dynamic and highly respected force for transforming the ways in which public systems and private nonprofits respond to people living at the intersection of poverty, violence and trauma. Learn more on our website.
FFI’s growth trajectory projects our growing into a 40-person organization with a $7.5 million dollar budget by 2021. We have created a new position on our team for a Human Resources Manager, to perform the day-to-day HR functions in our fast-growing organization with staff around the country. We are currently a team of 10, with some positions at our main offices in Greenfield, MA, and others based remotely. Reporting to and working closely with the Chief Capacity Officer, the HR Manager will be responsible for: talent recruitment and development; benefits and compensation management; regulatory compliance; employee relations, professional development and team-building programs; attention to workplace diversity, inclusion, and equity issues; and development and oversight of volunteer and internship programs. We expect the HR Manager to help identify and implement additional HR-related systems that will increase the capacity of FFI and our people in service to our mission.
The HR Manager, based in Greenfield, will work to ensure FFI has the knowledge, systems and processes in place to attract and retain top talent motivated by our mission and to effectively and efficiently absorb current and projected growth. This new position provides opportunity to grow with the organization.
FFI places a high value on communication and teamwork; on being a progressive employer with competitive benefits; and on the co-creation of a positive work environment where employees are high-performing and invested in the organization as a whole. The FFI team is a hard-working, inspired bunch (and we also like to have some fun). We are eager for the HR Manager to join our team, and to use their skills to build FFI with us.
This is a full-time, exempt position based in Greenfield, MA.
Candidates for the HR Manager position should have a college degree and 2-3 years experience in human resources, preferably in a medium to large or growing nonprofit organization with talent acquisition support and benefits administration experience. Additional life and work experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
Here are some of the other required skills and attributes for this position:
- A commitment to social change work and FFI’s mission
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills and a desire to co-create a positive and effective work culture; cultural competence and a solid understanding of the importance of diversity, inclusion, and equity in the workplace
- Strong computer skills and technology fluency with word processing and spreadsheet software to include proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Apps
- The ability to plan, organize and prioritize work; ability to see both the tasks at hand as well as the big picture
- The ability to work accurately and quickly with close attention to detail, often on multiple projects at a time
- An eagerness to create systems and protocols where they are needed, and to discern where they are not
- Creativity and resourcefulness
- Excellent judgement, with the ability to manage confidential and sensitive information
- Experience in environments where things move fast and flexibility is needed; willingness to jump in and to get the work done
- Experience supporting staff who work in multiple locations is a plus
- Supervision experience is a plus
- PHR or SPHR certification is a plus
How to Apply
Please send your resume and a letter telling us a little bit about yourself, why you want to work at FFI, why this position is a great fit for you, and why you are a great fit for FFI. Please indicate how you heard of this opening. This letter is important to us–we only consider candidates who customize their application to our organization’s posting.
E-mail email@example.com with documents as attachments (Word or pdf). Please put “YOUR FIRST NAME LAST NAME HR Manager” as your subject line.
Deadline to apply is April 20, 2017.