Although the original deadline has passed for this position, it will be posted here until filled. If you are interested, please submit your application as soon as possible–we will continue to review candidate materials on a rolling basis.
The Full Frame Initiative (FFI) is seeking a highly organized and tech-savvy Administrative Assistant to join our team.
Who we are
Full Frame Initiative (FFI) is a national social change organization that partners with pioneering organizations, systems, and communities across the country to fundamentally shift their focus from fixing problems to fostering wellbeing – the needs and experiences essential for health and hope. We demonstrate how this shift creates lasting change for people and opens the doors for greater equity in society. Through a variety of tools – from policy, practice and culture change with partners; to thought-provoking insights that challenge the field; and mobilization of those who are ready for big change – FFI reveals how a new perspective can turn into new responses. We then amplify systemic successes to spur broader action and seed a movement for wellbeing. Together with our partners and allies, we are creating possibilities for lasting change in people’s lives and sparking a broader movement that replaces poverty, violence, trauma, and oppression with wellbeing and justice.
Description of Position
Under the supervision of the Chief Capacity Officer (CCO), the Administrative Assistant will assist in facilitating the daily operations of FFI’s main office in Greenfield, MA and provide general administrative, technical, and clerical support the FFI team, both local and remote staff. Occasional overtime and work outside of normal business hours are expected.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Create, format, update, and maintain documents and templates for staff use (e.g., letterhead, reimbursement forms, presentation slide decks, etc.).
- Proofread documents.
- Conduct internet research, draft summaries, and reports.
- Cover Office Manager duties when office manager is absent, on break, or otherwise unavailable: answer phone, handle incoming/outgoing mail, order office supplies, maintain office equipment, and related office management tasks.
- Work closely with FFI’s Salesforce Administrator to ensure the quality and functionality of FFI’s database of contacts (e.g., partners, allies, donors, subscribers, prospects, etc.).
- Help manage “leads,” including conducting background research on people and organizations interested in FFI’s work.
- Implement systems and follow protocols to protect data integrity and overall quality, including tasks relating to cleaning data.
- Support meeting logistics and liaise with hotels and other vendors to reserve rooms, arrange meals, secure AV equipment, etc.
- Research travel options for out-of-state events; help to coordinate travel when multiple staff is going to the same location or event at the same time, or when travelers are coming to the FFI office.
- Conduct background research on contacts and organizations to support FFI staff in preparation for meetings with potential project partners, allies, and others interested in FFI’s work.
- Periodically oversee the work of interns and volunteers who are providing administrative and clerical support.
- Provide periodic support to FFI’s communications team to include running reports for website analytics reports and FFI’s social media engagement, and posting and editing content to the website and social media accounts.
- Other responsibilities as are necessary to support a small, growing organization.
- Passion for social justice and social change to upend inequities, and for FFI’s mission
- College degree preferred, with 3-5 years office experience. Additional, relevant life and professional experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Exceptionally strong computer skills and technology fluency with word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software (proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Apps strongly preferred); customer relationship management (CRM) databases (experience as a Salesforce user preferred); and project management software (e.g., Asana, Basecamp, etc.)
- The ability to plan, organize, and prioritize work while working with and managing others’ goals and expectations
- The ability to work accurately and quickly with close attention to detail, often on multiple projects at a time
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- A love of and natural inclination to high-quality customer service in all relationships
- Experience with event and meeting management
- Excellent judgment, with the ability to manage confidential and sensitive information
- The ability to see both the tasks at hand as well as the big picture they are part of
- Experience in environments where things move fast and flexibility is needed; willingness to jump in and to get the work done
How to Apply
Deadline to apply is February 25, 2019. A personalized cover letter and resume are required. In your cover letter outline how your skills and experiences are a good fit for FFI and this position. This letter is important – your application will not be considered without a customized application to our organization’s posting. Please include where you heard about this opportunity.
E-mail your cover letter and resume as attached documents via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “YOUR FIRST NAME LAST NAME Administrative Assistant Position” as your subject line.
FFI is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We strongly encourage people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQ applicants and people from other underrepresented groups to apply, recognizing and respecting that diverse perspectives and experiences are valuable to our team and essential to achieving our purpose.