FFI is growing quickly, adding more projects and staff around the country. Reporting to the Chief Capacity Officer (CCO), the Administrative Assistant is responsible for the day-to-day operations of our main offices in Greenfield, MA and provides a variety of skilled administrative and clerical duties necessary to support the CCO as well as program staff in Greenfield and other locations. Occasional overtime and before and after hours support is expected.
The Administrative Assistant will ensure basic office operations run smoothly (e.g., phones, mail, supplies, equipment, filing, etc.) and that the space well represents FFI to visitors; work with the CCO to identify areas that could function more efficiently if systematized, and research, recommend and support implementation of new systems that will support FFI’s growth; help research and maintain in the database information about our current and prospective project partners, supporters and allies; liaise with a number of vendors, staff and external partners in various locations to coordinate the successful implementation of program activities; and provide administrative support for projects, including supporting major meetings and trainings (e.g., materials preparation, registration, travel logistics, meals, etc.).
This is a full-time, non-exempt position based at FFI’s main office in Greenfield, MA.
The FFI team is a hard-working, inspired bunch (and we also like to have some fun). We are eager for the Administrative Assistant to join our team, and to use her/his skills to build FFI with us.
Candidates for the Administrative Assistant position should have a four-year college degree, with 3-5 years office experience. We will consider candidates who have additional life and professional experience in lieu of a degree.
Experience in the nonprofit sector and experience supporting staff in multiple locations are highly desirable. Here are some skills and attributes the person in this position needs to have:
- A commitment to social change work and FFI’s mission
- The ability to plan, organize and prioritize work while working with and managing others’ goals and expectations
- The ability to work accurately and quickly with close attention to detail, often on multiple projects at a time
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- A love of and natural inclination to high-quality customer service in all relationships
- Creativity and resourcefulness
- Excellent judgement, with the ability to manage confidential and sensitive information
- The ability to see both the tasks at hand as well as the big picture they are part of
- Exceptionally strong computer skills and technology fluency with word processing, spreadsheets and presentation software to include proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Apps; customer relationship management (CRM) databases (Salesforce preferred); and project management software
- Experience in environments where things move fast and flexibility is needed; willingness to jump in, and to get the work done
How to Apply
Please send your resume and a letter telling us a little bit about yourself, why you want to work at FFI, why this position is a great fit for you, and why you are a great fit for FFI. Please indicate how you heard of this opening. Your cover letter is important to us–we only consider candidates who customize their application to our organization’s posting.
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with documents as attachments (Word or pdf). Please put “YOUR FIRST NAME LAST NAME Administrative Assistant” as your subject line.
Deadline to apply is April 20, 2017.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, growth opportunities, and the satisfaction that comes with helping to build an organization with national impact.