The Full Frame Initiative (FFI) is embarking on an exciting expansion and we’re looking for a passionate, visionary leader with deep experience in systems change and social justice to join our team as the Chief Strategy Officer, National Partnerships and Outreach. Working in collaboration with the CEO and Chief Capacity Officer as the third member of the Leadership Team, the Chief Strategy Officer, National Partnerships and Outreach will design and lead in implementing a strategy to triple our demonstration partnership portfolio over the next six years, advance new outreach plans, and nationally represent the transformative power of a wellbeing orientation to disrupt cycles of poverty, violence, trauma and oppression.
The Chief Strategy Officer, National Partnerships and Outreach will draw on FFI’s first decade of experience in partnerships to demonstrate the potential and value of an orientation around wellbeing, and will create and oversee implementation of the strategy to guide the next generation of this work. They will develop and lead in implementing strategy to expand and leverage FFI’s portfolio of multi-year demonstration partnerships–deep engagements with partners that span diverse public and private systems, community contexts and issue areas. These demonstration partnerships serve to test and refine what it takes to align public systems, nonprofits and communities around wellbeing using the Five Domains of Wellbeing framework, and build the case for how an orientation around wellbeing creates possibilities for lasting change and results in better outcomes. The Chief Strategy Officer will also guide the launch of a new strategy to equip a far larger group of programs and practitioners to begin orienting their organizations and services around wellbeing using the Five Domains of Wellbeing framework.
The Chief Strategy Officer, National Partnerships and Outreach will serve as an enthusiastic and credible messenger for FFI’s purpose and the transformative systems change work happening with partners. They will be responsible for building cross-sector alliances that can effectively leverage the demonstration partnerships for larger change and will represent FFI with key stakeholders in policy and philanthropy.
The Chief Strategy Officer, National Partnerships and Outreach will lead a team that includes the Director of Strategic Partnership Projects, who has responsibility for co-creating and overseeing orientation around wellbeing implementation strategies in each partnering agency, program or community, and the Director of Outreach and Learning, who has responsibility for creating and implementing orientation around wellbeing basic training tools and activities in order to respond to demand among a growing number of programs and practitioners nationwide.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as a member of FFI’s leadership team and support the organization’s continued strategic growth through annual and long-term planning.
- Represent FFI, our purpose and our work to national leaders to get buy-in on the transformative nature of orienting around wellbeing.
- Lead development of FFI’s adaptive strategy to determine scale and scope of demonstration partnerships that will be the most leveraged investments in meeting our objectives and testing our Theory of Change.
- Identify and monitor emerging trends and areas of demand and opportunity across diverse systems and communities.
- Identify philanthropic trends and practices as well as national, federal, state and local policies that create barriers or incentives for orientating around wellbeing.
- Seek out and build relationships with allies from a variety of sectors to craft a broader change agenda that builds on demonstration project findings.
- Support fund development efforts to generate revenues to support and expand demonstration partnerships.
- Consciously and systematically move equity and inclusion forward in all aspects of the work.
- Passion for social justice and social change to upend inequities, and for FFI’s mission
- At least 15 years experience in program design, leadership and management and evidence of producing significant and positive outcomes
- Experience leading a large public agency or national, regional, or local nonprofit
- Strong analytical, communication, and public speaking skills
- Demonstrated ability to inspire and to engender confidence and credibility among a broad range of diverse partners (e.g., government agencies, private nonprofits, philanthropy sector leaders)
- Experience in social sector policy at the state and national level, informed by personal experience and/or direct community work, and an understanding of what it takes to move public policy or philanthropic practices to new approaches
- Expertise in public health, sociology, public policy, youth development, and/or mental health; graduate degree in one of these fields is desirable.
Location and Travel
This position is based in the Northeastern to Mid-Atlantic United States; exceptional candidates outside of this region may be considered. This position requires a minimum of 30% regular travel throughout the United States. All FFI staff are required to meet at least quarterly in the Greenfield, MA office for staff convenings. Initial orientation for all staff also takes place primarily in Greenfield. The specific breakdown of time to be spent in FFI’s central office and in other locations is variable and will evolve based on the demands of the work. All business related travel will be paid for by FFI in accordance with our travel policy.
How to Apply
A personalized cover letter and resume are required. In your cover letter, tell us about yourself, why you want to work at FFI, how the Chief Strategy Officer, National Partnerships and Outreach position is a great fit for you, how you are a great fit for this position. Please include where you heard about this opportunity. This letter is important – your application will not be considered without a customized application to our organization’s posting.
E-mail your cover letter and resume as attached documents via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “YOUR FIRST NAME LAST NAME Chief Strategy Officer Position” as your subject line.
While applications will be accepted through June 29, 2018, we encourage early submission. Review of applications will take place on a rolling basis, and interviews with competitive candidates may begin prior to the closing date.
FFI is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQ applicants and people from other underrepresented groups to apply, recognizing and respecting that diverse perspectives and experiences are valuable to our team and essential to achieving our purpose.